Saturday, January 03, 2009

The New Year...

With the new year comes a new goal - a goal to edit and submit the manuscripts that I have been neglecting over most of the past year. I have already submitted one story and have two more that just need to be printed and mailed.
In November I attempted to write a 50000-word novel (Nano) and did not succeed. But I did find that I really wanted to finish a novel that I started writing several years ago. I read through the chapters I already had and the long timeline I wrote (so I wouldn't forget who all my characters were and how they were related to the main character.)
I would also like to continue editing my first complete novel. I did submit it once - but was rejected. Part of the problem was that I did not submit it to the right publisher. Although the guidelines said they accepted humour, I could not find any humourous novels in the books they have already published in that category.
The publisher I think would be perfect for this book is currently not accepting unsolicited manuscripts or queries. So I am watching patiently for an update on their site, while also looking for another publisher for this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment