Friday, June 17, 2011

Where does the time go?

Can you believe that it is already June 17th? I can't. My kids are almost done school (except for my oldest in College - her ECE program continues over the summer months.) The days are finally drier and warmer, and the flowers (including the weeds) are growing rapidly. My peonies started blooming earlier this week and I didn't even notice until the Mailman made a comment about how pretty they were. I looked at the plant and saw the large deep pink blooms and agreed they were beautiful. I thanked her and continued to admire the flowers. I don't know how I missed them - I walk by them every day. I guess I just need to slow down and start paying attention to all the wonderful things spring is bringing us.

I barely made it into the Penny Black Blog's challenge last week. I managed to make and upload my card a couple hours before the deadline. The challenge was 'fun folds'.


I also had a little time Sunday afternoon to participate in the Hero Arts Flickr group Scramble. It was to make Scraplings. So I dug through my big bag of scrap papers and got to work. The cards are approx. 2.25" x 4". It was my first time playing along and I really enjoyed making the smaller cards.


Still haven't had a chance to work on the look of my blog. I guess I'll have to wait until the summer holidays to work on it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment