Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For my parents... and a thank you

I know I'm late with this (missed a couple challenges, too), but it has been busier than usual around here. ( I forgot to take a picture of the card and tag before we left for my parents, so I had to take them with my ipod - not the greatest, but...)

On Easter Monday, we went to visit my parents to celebrate Easter and my dad's birthday. They were expecting a hand-made card for Easter so I had to make the time to get it done. I pulled out my only real Easter stamps - from Penny Black - and started stamping.

I stamped part of the image twice (I wanted the hedgie to be pulling two easter eggs) and then again so I could paper-piece the eggs. I coloured the rest with Copics. The first time I assembled my card, I adhered the picture to the wrong side of the card base. I had already stamped the sentiment inside, but somehow stuck the picture on the backside of the card!! Luckily I had used foam adhesive and it came off with minimal damage to the picture. I just had to get a new card base and re-stamp the sentiment. I was more careful the second time. :)


I didn't have enough time to make a full card for my dad, so I opted for a tag. His presents were a Tim Horton's gift card (we put it in a small TH's coffee cup with a winning roll-up-the rim free coffee) and a McDonald's gift card (in a small chicken mc nugget container ).  Had to try something different, since I usual make the card holders. I wish I took a picture of the presents outside of the gift bags.

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.

**Thank you to all those who visited my blog during the Lawnscaping blog hop, and for all those wonderful comments on my card! I truly appreciate it.**


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. A darling "caravan" of Easter joy and the birthday tag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. Beautiful coloring and sweet card and tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, I love the paper piecing and the coloring!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter and your dad a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful! LOVE it!
    Have a great week, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete