Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 1 (and 3)- Stretch Your Stamps... Baby Tags

My niece is going to have her third baby soon - real soon, she's overdue by 9 days already! I decided to make some announcement cards (tags) for her. All she would need to do is fill in the information and take a picture of the baby (Owen) to put inside the cards. Then she can hand them out to family, etc.

I used my Spellbinder's Scalloped circle die to create the outside. After making most of the shaped cards the hard way, I figured out a much easier way to finish the last few. First, cut 2 pieces of cardstock to 4.5"x4.5". Score the back piece (can't remember how far down I scored, but just under 3/4 inch...I think) and put a strip of 1/2" scor tape above the score line. Adhere the top piece of cardstock and flip it over. On the backside (where you can see the score line) line up the scalloped circle die and tape it down (I use washi tape to hold it in place). Run it through the Cuttlebug and you have a perfectly lined up shaped card. It also presses the paper together so the tape adheres nicely. If only I had figured this out earlier! It took me so much time to line up the scallops.






Day 1 - Background stamps. The middle one is the one I used a background stamp on(from Penny Black). I used HA's soft pool on the stamp, stamped it first on scrap paper and then on the white tag front. The digital stamp is from Hero Arts.

The envelopes are inspired from Day 3 (alphabet stamps) of Stretch Your Stamps. I used Lawn Fawn stamps for the letters and the black dash lines. The heart is from Paper Smooches.

I haven't given them to her yet, but I'll probably get my oldest to give them to her tomorrow when she goes over to visit. Hopefully she'll have the baby tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment