Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Another Christmas Card

It has been a busy August. There hasn't been a whole lot of time to make cards, and even less time to post them. I did manage to put three of my cards up on my Flickr account so I could enter the monthly Hero Arts contest - but I haven't had time to post them here. I will be happy once September is here...

I used one of the same stamps that I used in my last Christmas card post. It is Penny Black and so adorable!

I was kind of struggling for inspiration, so I decided to just stamp an image and colour it. On the Penny Black blog the other day, they featured one of their talented designers, Elizabeth Allan, and when asked what she does in a 'stamping slump', one of her answers was to stamp and colour an image 'without trying to create anything specific'. So I tried that, and it worked! After I was done colouring, I just looked at it for a bit. I trimmed it up, matted it on red and found a small card/gift card holder (that I made for something else, but decided not to use it). I added the polka dot washi tape and my card came together. Make sure to check out her fantastic blog, here. Her amazing work is so inspiring!



I coloured with my Copics. I stamped the holly from her hat and added it to the inside for a little colour.  I just love the black with white polka dots washi tape. The only problem I had was with it constantly ripping as I pulled off a long enough length for the card. Even though I pulled it slowly, I had a lot of trouble. I've never really used it before, so I'm not sure if this is normal for washi tape or if I just got a defective roll. :)

I am entering my card in the following three challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Circle and more cirlces ( I do have lots of little white circles.)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - No rules, anything goes!
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Wisha Washi 2

Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing our Circle Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette thank you for your kind words! Your cards always make me smile. Fun happy colors combined in fabulous designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! Hope you'll have a less busy month in September! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is sooooo cute! I love the little image and the splash of polka dots! I have to agree that Elizabeth is a special lady - so glad to hear you created your way back into finding your mojo!

    ReplyDelete