Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rainbow Challenge DYSU

DYSU challenge #98 is Rainbow!

I used my Lawn Fawn stamp set, 'gnome sweet gnome'. I curved the sentiment and inked it up with a rainbow of colours.

 
 


I originally started with an idea of a tag (not rainbow related, but for the Lawnscaping Tag challenge), but couldn't fit the sentiment on it. As I looked at the sentiment, I started to curve it on the block and it reminded me of a rainbow - and I thought of the DYSU challenge! So a whole new idea came to mind. I messed up my original card (added flowers and then coloured them in - which didn't look good at all), but I was able to use the back of my original card, trim it down, stamp my sentiment and grass, distress it with some HA's Soft Pool ink and pop it up on some dimensional foam on a new card base. I finished off the inside with a cute little gnome and some tiny smiling mushrooms (again using my rainbow colours...pretty much.)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day. ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is SO CUTE, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative journey may have taken a twist and turn along the way, but you took each fork in the road with creative thought and colorful inspiration! Love the finished card Jeanette!

    ReplyDelete